Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Surgery 10/21/09

Abby Gayle will be going back to surgery today to close up her abdomen. It is scheduled for 11:00 AM.
Tony and I spent some time with her last night & the nurse, Caroline, who has been taking care of her the past few nights, asked us if we wanted to hold her. I was amazed that I could, and of course said "yes"! So, both Tony & I got to hold Abby Gayle for the first time & rock her. She loved it & it wasn't long before she was asleep in our arms! Praise God for that opportunity!
She will be back on the ventilator after surgery for her breathing and pain control. Hopefully, it will only be for a short time and we'll be on the road towards recovery! More pictures to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. Praise God!!!

    We are all lifting you up in our prayers. Abby Gayle is SO lucky to have you and Tony as her parents.

    Take care of yourself as you care for her.

    I LOVE YOU!!!

    p.s. please ignore the picture. it is something silly I did for one of my classes at AUM.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby Gayle is a precious-looking little girl! We are lifting her up in prayer, as well as your family and the doctors. Know that all the Lee Bordens are thinking about you at this time.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete